Norwegian Woods – Is it Time to Build?
It’s no secret that across the country real estate inventory is low. This is also true in the Sun Valley market. As you can see by the chart below, inventory is down 9.6% for single family homes in Blaine County from the same month one year ago.
Perhaps it’s time to build?
If you are considering building, please keep Norwegian Woods in Warm Springs on your radar. Check out the video below which shows how glorious the lots are at Norwegian Woods and then keep reading as I will tell you why this close-to-downtown Ketchum subdivision just got better!
As you may know, Norwegian Woods backs up to U.S. Forest Service property and the backside of Baldy. In fact, the expert skier could ski from the top of Baldy to their front door at Norwegian Woods. The subdivision is surrounded by open space and all of these acres of open space lend a sense of privacy to each of the lots at Norwegian Woods.
But here’s why Norwegian Woods just got better.
According to a press release from the Wood River Land Trust, “One of the last undeveloped parcels in Ketchum has been officially preserved as open space and wildlife habitat for generations to come. Thanks to the generosity of the James and Barbara Cimino Foundation, nearly ten acres of valuable pasture, forest, and riparian areas along Warm Springs Creek, adjacent to the Ketchum city limits and the U.S. Forest Service lands, has been placed under a conservation easement.”
The property preserved by the Cimino Family and the Wood River Land Trust runs along the eastern border of Norwegian Woods. What this means for homeowners at Norwegian Woods is that the panoramic views from the lots looking towards Trail Creek and the Pioneer Mountains will forever be unobstructed.
Unobstructed Views and Other Amenities at Norwegian Woods
The elevated nature of Norwegian Woods and the acres and acres of open space surrounding the subdivision means you can build a home here knowing your views will never be hindered by development.
Here’s a few other attributes of Norwegian Woods and A REASON TO BUY NOW.
- A SIGNIFICANT DISCOUNT is being offered to the first buyer to build a home in the subdivision. Yes, you read that correctly. Call me to inquire about the terms of the discount. Call Sheila Liermann at 208.481.0450.
- And let me repeat…. Norwegian Woods is nestled against Baldy and open space, and is a quiet, alpine setting with expansive views.
- The roads are private and the paver roadways are heated. On a powder day just hit the switch, then hit the slopes.
- This property, unlike many in Warm Springs, is NOT in the avalanche zone or mountain overlay, which will minimize building costs.
- Norwegian Woods is close to downtown, the Warm Springs ski lifts, and thiking, biking and running trails in Adams Gulch.
- There are a total of 8 lots and one lot is sold. Some of the lots are not currently on the market, so please call me for more details. Sheila Liermann at 208.481.0450.
- The subdivision features stone retaining walls, brass signage, and privacy.
- Norwegian Woods feels rural but is just a few minutes from downtown Ketchum.
For more about the preservation of the Cimino property, visit the Wood River Land Trust website.
Click for the MLS Listings.